Monthly Barometer is an analytical and predictive monthly newsletter that distills into one page those macro issues relevant to time-starved decision-makers. Monthly Barometer also owns the Summit of Minds, a conference organizing company that brings together hundreds of participants each year.
- On Monthly Barometer Platform
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and Monthly Barometer, on Monthly Barometer Platform or otherwise; and
- When you interact with our links and applications on third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Monthly Barometer or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on Monthly Barometer Platform.
What is “personal data”?
“Personal data” is any data that
(1) is recorded in any form,
(2) is about or pertains to a specific individual and
(3) can be linked to that individual. For example, and without limitation, your first and last names, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information, and your project information are “personal data. “What is not “personal data”? Personal data does not include website data, aggregated data, or any uploaded documents.
What kind of personal data is collected?
We collect personal data at different stages of your use of Monthly Barometer Platform.
When you visit monthlybarometer.com or summitofminds.com – If you visit www.monthlybarometer.com, or use an interface which interacts with any of Monthly Barometer websites, whether or not you sign-in as a registered user, we collect your IP address, the location of your Internet Service Provider, the type and version of Internet browser that you are using, and the website from which you came. We also collect information regarding your site usage, such as the time spent on a page and the number of pages you viewed.
When you interact with Monthly Barometer Platform – We also collect personal data that you provide when you interact with Monthly Barometer Platform such as, for example, by uploading documents, or when exchanging correspondence with us such as through support emails.
When you use your account – We collect information that you provide or create when you use your account, such as:
- If you provide other personal or professional information, for example, information about your company, product/service, financials. You may also include a video recording or picture. All information you put onto Monthly Barometer Platform is confidential unless you decide to share any of it.
How is personal data collected?
We collect personal data directly from you when you provide it through your use of Monthly Barometer, such as in emails or when you fill out forms that are displayed on Monthly Barometer Platform.
For what purpose will my personal data be used?
Monthly Barometer uses your personal data to maintain your account and to provide you with services such as the Monthly Barometer 1-pager, weekly newsletters and information about the Summit of Minds. We also use your personal data to respond to requests that you make of us, and to contact you and to provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you.
We may also use your name and contact information to make queries to social networking and other sites, such as LinkedIn, for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, verifying your identity, and showing you how you are linked or connected to other individuals who are also users of Monthly Barometer.
Your personal data is never shared with other users of Monthly Barometer Platform.
With whom may Monthly Barometer share personal data?
Under certain business or legal conditions, Monthly Barometer may have to disclose your personal data to others as follows:
- Within Monthly Barometer family – Monthly Barometer may now or in the future have a parent, subsidiary or related company or companies within Monthly Barometer family of companies. Monthly Barometer has the right to share all personal data with all such affiliated companies.
- Service Providers – Monthly Barometer may engage other companies and individuals to perform necessary business functions on behalf of Monthly Barometer (e.g. outside contractors or service providers). If it is necessary to perform these functions, these companies or individuals may have access to personal data of our users. These service providers have agreed not to use the personal data for any other purpose other than providing the required services.
- Legally Required Disclosure -Under certain circumstances, disclosure of your personal data may be required by law. Monthly Barometer may disclose your personal data (1) if, in its own best judgment, it is required to do so in order to comply with a facially valid judicial or governmental subpoena, warrant, or other order, or (2) to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information, or (3) in connection with the exercise or defense of its rights.
Can I access or change my personal data?
All registered users of Monthly Barometer Platform can request to see the personal data that Monthly Barometer holds about them and can see it listed in their profiles. They can request correct, amend, or delete this data at their convenience by emailing email@example.com
For auditing and security purposes, Monthly Barometer keeps a log of all users’ activities, which is retained in its archives as necessary for Monthly Barometer to fulfill its obligations. Users may, but are not guaranteed to, have access to the personal data that pertain to them. However, because the administrative and technical burden associated with the retrieval of these archived data is substantial, Monthly Barometer charges a fee for this effort in a manner that is consistent with its actual cost. In addition, each user’s right of access may be limited to the extent that providing access might infringe on a third party’s privacy rights. Requests for access to this archived information are handled on a case-by-case basis, after Monthly Barometer has verified the identity of the requestor. Inquiries should be made as provided in this section.
Can I have my personal data deleted?
You can have any personal data Monthly Barometer holds concerning you deleted upon request. You may do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Website Data, and how is it used?
Website data is aggregated data about the overall traffic to, and usage of Monthly Barometer Platform. Examples include the number of visitors to the www.monthlybarometer.com and www.summitofminds.com/ website and the number of registered users of Monthly Barometer Platform. Monthly Barometer may extract and use website data for internal purposes, in order to analyze the performance of Monthly Barometer Platform and applications. For example, we may use these data for traffic analysis and business decision making, in order to determine how we can improve our site or its functionalities.
The statistics generated in this manner contain no personal data and cannot be used to gather any information about individual visitors to the site.
What security measures are in place to protect my personal data?
Because the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of personal data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing Monthly Barometer Platform and submitting personal data to us, you acknowledge our processing of your personal data accordingly.
However, we will maintain physical, technical, and administrative procedures in order to safeguard and protect personal data provided to us through Monthly Barometer Platform against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction.
Monthly Barometer uses industry-standard technological means to protect your personal data while in transit through the Internet. We use encryption and a comprehensive authentication protocol to provide reasonable security. Please note, however, that perfect security does not exist on the Internet. Therefore, while we endeavour to protect your Personal Information, when data is transferred over the Internet it may potentially be accessed and used by unauthorised parties.
When will Monthly Barometer contact me?
Monthly Barometer emails you the Monthly Barometer products and Summit of Minds information. In addition, we will communicate with you in response to your requests for service or customer support. We will contact you by phone or by email, according to your preference.
Limitation of Liability
Monthly Barometer will not be liable for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that occurs through no fault of Monthly Barometer including, but not limited to, errors in transmission, access to your account by anyone uses your user ID and password, your failure to comply with your security obligations, and the unauthorized acts of Monthly Barometer’s employees.
(1) may be disclosed to a third party and
Contacting Monthly Barometer
Monthly Barometer owns and operates the www.monthlybarometer.com and www.summitofminds.com/ domain names and web sites and Monthly Barometer Platform.
Our mailing address is Le Barometre Mensuel, 219 chemin de la Croix des Pecles – 74400 CHAMONIX-MONT-BLANC, France.